Seasons of Change by Tom Kitching (2020)
1) Old Molly Oxford
3) Grimstock/Greesleeves Morris
4) Miss Firth's/Eglantine
5) Hellebore/Ice House Schottische
6) In Store Bakery
7) Lamaload/Bean setting
8) Staines Morris/Trip to Paris
9) Tom Tolley's Hornpipe/Pidge
10) Women and Wine/Old Age and Young
11) La Fanatique/Infinite Espresso
5 years after my first solo album; 'Interloper', this is the musical half of the Busk England project. It accompanies the book of the same name. It's the soundtrack to 18 months of busking around England, trying to get under the skin of a country I thought I knew. An exploration of acoustic and tone.
I was delighted to be able to continue my partnership with Marit Fält, the nordic mandola player. She contributes enormously to this, playing with power, invention, and precision.
The album was recorded 'live' in Danebridge Methodist chapel in early December 2019.